Audio over IP encoder/decoder with balanced inputs and outputs, contact closures (input and output) and USB flash interface. Reliable architecture, low power requirements and MP3/PCM/Ethersound support. The Exstreamer 500 is a professional IP Audio codec that provides balanced analog audio interfaces (stereo input and stereo output) and contact closures. A USB flash interface allows use of external memory to store audio files. The low power, reliable architecture makes the device an ideal choice for STL applications, professional audio endpoints (with IP or Ethersound protocol) and generic audio routing applications.
APPLICATIONS - Out of the box the Exstreamer 500 has the Barix STL and Reflector applications preloaded, making it ideal for :
- Broadcast applications such as STL (with contact closures), confidence checking, remote contribution, silence detection, etc.
- Professional audio, low latency audio streaming
FEATURES - specific for Exstreamer 500 hardware
- Audio stereo codec (encode/decoder) for MPEG1&2 Layer3 (MP3), PCM linear and alaw, u-law, 8-48k sample rate support. AAC+, WMA, Ogg Vorbis formats are not supported.
- Unlike the other Exstreamer family products the Exstreamer 500 / 1000 can both encode and decode audio streams.
- 10/100 Mbit Ethernet interface
- USB 1.1 interface for flash memory (FAT16/32 file system support)
- Wide range power supply input with low power consumption
- Two independent serial ports (RS-232 and RS-485)
- IR decoding capability with optional serial port IR receiver
- Four contact closure inputs and four relay outputs